Thursday, January 10, 2013

Workout result slowness


Good morning gang:

I expect a conflict filled day today, even though I‘ll just be on the periphery of it all. Oh well! I won’t air my work’s dirty laundry, except in hushed tones by the water cooler, but there will be gnashing of teeth and wailing, I’m sue.  

Feeling a gagillion times better than I did the day before yesterday. Kind of pooped though.

My workout regimen is going slow. A you all know I start by doing 12 – pushup (it started at ten) walk down the hall of he third floor, down four flight of stairs at the bottom landing I do a set calisthenics types stuff (Jumping Jacks, turn and bounce, planks … whatever) walk through some back hallways, and walk up four flights of stairs to my starting point where I’ll do more pushups until I’ve completed 12, 11, 10, 9, 8, and etc. Toward the end I’ll of it all, when I get to small numbers I may do more pushups if I can. This little bit of insanity takes about 40 minutes. And yesterday my total was 75 pushups.

The only problem is after a summer of working out, you’d think I’d be able t crank out more than 12 pushups to start, but right now that is my max. Oh well, it’s 12X better than this time last year.

It is taking great restraint to take the rest days between workouts. I read on Livestrong.com that after 50 the rest days are every bit as important as the workout days.

Speaking of Lance Armstrong. I don’t care if the guy was selling crack outside churches on Sunday. I just don’t care. His foundation helped me survive cancer and I am forever grateful.

I’ll go into a long rant about this Friday morning after the big Oprah interview, but he rode a bike and cheated. BFD!

That’s it for today. I’ll give my second amendment rant later. 

No comments:

Post a Comment