Friday, January 4, 2013

Survivor stuff that’s for real.




I go to the docs on 16 January to get a blood check and hopefully a thumbs up. Well I still have this damn cough hanging around and while it doesn’t frighten me, it does remind me that things aren’t the way they once were. I’m hoping the blood work will tell me where I am on the immune-deficiency spectrum.

That’s kind of a big deal. Everyone at work is sick and coughing and hacking and yack, yack, yack. There’s a whole building of people I’m trying to avoid, so I got permission to work from home. That’s pretty cool. I guess that is the survivor lesson. If people are coughing and sneezing and brining kids around, run for you life. Because, that is exactly what you’re doing.

Don’t forget I’m the guy that was rushed to the hospital for neutropenia a while back. I ain’t going down that road any time soon So that is – as they – that.

You always hear stories about somebody catching something that turns into pneumonia and it kills them. Not this boy. I’m taking every precaution I can until I hear from the doc that my immune system is okay.

Until then I am going to be super cautious and unreasonably germaphobic (if that’s even a word).

I guess that’s it for now.

Peace,

Bill

No comments:

Post a Comment