Tuesday, January 22, 2013

back to work


Well good morning campers!

Off to work today. My friend Freddy told me one day, “Man. I just ain’t feeling it.” That’s kind of how I feel today. I actually have quite a bit to do, but much of it is mechanical hubbub I’ve done a gagillion times.

Ever since I’ve been better, work is kind of a blah. You know it has to be done, but it’s all so mundane. I know I’m lucky to have a job, but I don’t feel enthusiastic about it. Maybe I’m getting older and …

I think I mentioned I am part of the facebook group – Burkitt’s Lymphoma Private Group. Anyway, the side effects of many of these people are experiencing and the immense devastation Burkitt’s has caused them is astounding.

I got off pretty lucky. Aside from some neuropathy that sneaks in from time-to-time, or a bout of fatigue, or this obsession about having had cancer, and this incredible craving for donuts, I’ve made it through pretty unscathed. Except of cause for the 12-inch scar from diaphragm to pubic bone and 1/3 less intestine. Yikes!!

I have a major medical emergency in my house right now.  We are out of coffee. I’m going to have to go to the store and get some “life juice, some java, some Joe.”

I am reading this over-long book called Heartstone and was up to past midnight because it is finally getting good. (350 pages later) I’ll pay for that later. I’m just kind of blathering now. I think it is because I have something to say, but I’m not sure quite what it is. We’ll see.

If you’ve read this far you’re a real trooper.

Thanks,

Something more interesting tomorrow I promise.

Bill

No comments:

Post a Comment