Monday, January 7, 2013

Bad booze


Good morning all:

As a general rule I tend not to drink too often – actually hardly at all. It’s not that I have any philosophical aversion to booze, in fact I am quite supportive of spirits in all their forms. The thing is I read somewhere – probably in some antisocial health magazine where the author is healthy, but his attitude makes everyone else sick – that alcohol can retard platelet production.

Last night, my temptress wife asked if I would like a glass of champagne from a bottle we got for New Years and never opened. Hmmmm, I thought win, one of my favorites. Bubbly wine no less. 

Anyway I had a glass, and she had a glass, and she had another glass, and I had another glass, and then the bottle was gone.

Well I had a little buzz going and wanted a little more wine. We got this wine basket for Christmas and I had already determined the wine it with was a bit nasty. I mean a basket with four bottles of wine, crackers, cookies, and assorted hoity-toity snacks – its bounds good and classy, but you know. Anyway I cracked open this bottle of Sauvignon Blanc (should’ve been Sauvignon Yech), and have a two have glasses (spoken like a true alcoholic I know). 

I don’t know if there will be a platelet drop, there sure was a sleep drop. I had the worst upset stomach all night and ended up getting very little sleep. I couldn’t get comfortable and I forgot that wine usually wakes me up in the middle of the night. It made me feel bloated (although that might have been the two Red Baron Mini-Pizzas I ate).

Well, I think I’m off wine now; I just can’t hang. Maybe I’ll try some bourbon next time or maybe I just won’t drink.

Well see you tomorrow,

Love Bill 

No comments:

Post a Comment