Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Felt yucky yesterday


Good Morning all:

BTW before I get started on what is likely to be a whiney post the time blog says this high quality prose is posted in three hours off. Blog spot lists thing in Pacific time and not eastern time. I discovered this when editing all the blogs I wrote when I was sick and had to go back and change the time when editing for the book.

And that brings up another point you’d think a blog would be easy to edit since you already wrote it once and presumably edited it once. Well you guys are surely a patient audience because the last blog – and this one probably isn’t much better – was riddled with errors. So editing has taken a while.

Anyway, yesterday was not a good day for me. I had what medically is defined as a squidgy stomach. Gurgle, gurgle, gurgle. A bad case of diarrhea and a little nausea. I immediately had flashback of 18 months ago when I first got sick. It’s probably the greasy Wawa croissant I had for breakfast, but it was unrelenting.

You wanna know how distracted I was? We had a catered lunch because we had guests from Maryland who wanted to know how we got people trained as dealers – not drug dealers (that’s short term on the job training), but card dealers because Md. Recently passed table games legislation.

It was a beautiful lunch. I had half a roast beef sandwich and wanted to yack!! One of the people from Maryland said something I could make fun of with a snappy rejoinder and I let it pass. The Chairman even said, “Bill, nothing? Have you turned over a new leaf?”

So when that was over I gave the Maryland folks a tour of the Fox Valley One Stop, bragged quite a bit (especially about the Career Compass) , and went back upstairs praying the whole time that they would leave.

When they finally left, I went in my office and filled out a sick slip and went home.

I feel a little bit better today, still a bit antsy about it all. Luckily I have an oncology appointment next week and we’ll see. If I start vomiting though, I’ll freak the F@#k out.  

I need to check on my leave and sick leave balances, but to do that takes an IT degree. I need to find someone to do it for me. Oh well.

I guess that’s it for today,

No comments:

Post a Comment