Saturday, February 2, 2013

cardiac results



Good Morning My Friends:

Let me start by saying hard work pays off. It really does. Last Mach I began working on getting stronger and regaining some type of decent cardiac health. As you may remember, I developed a chemo related heart problem called an ejection fraction problem.

I started by walking and walking and walking and walking. Somewhere around April/May I started getting up at 0530 and lifting weights in my garage or riding my bike around town. I also started walking at lunchtime with my boss. In the fall I had overcome enough neuropathy to attempt running. And it wasn’t until October I was able to put together a three-mile run – but I did it.

Even though I hurt my back in August and tore an abdominal muscle in October, I was able to hobble together a half-assed workout schedule at lunchtime, which included walking up and down the stairs at work and doing pushups at each landing.

So here’s the deal. I had my final cardiac appointment yesterday and was told my results were – these are the doctor’s words, not mine – “spectacular and far beyond my age appropriate peers.”

Well that’s it for now. I’m going back to bed to gloat under the covers.

Bill


No comments:

Post a Comment