Monday, July 8, 2013

I’m back


I’m back, mostly. Got me and unbelievable dose of hay fever. I’m miserable. But that’s cool. Off the dentist today for the first time in two years. I am so excited. I wasn’t allowed to go when I was sick, but here it is -- the whir of the drill; the chip, chip, chip of the cleaning thing tool against my tartar, the inevitable water-boarding about flossing, and the new toothbrush. Yay!!

I am very excited. There is an unescapable symbolism with this act of mundanity. 

Here’s your tips.

Tip #2 – Only wear t-shirts with pocket and wear them inside-out so you stuff your catheter lumens in the pocket so they’re not jangling and tugging on stuff.

Tip #3 – For PICC lines Instead of gauze get some old athletic tube socks and cut off the toe and slide that up your arm to secure all the tubing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment