Monday, July 22, 2013

Cancer tip 17


Cancer tip #17 from Beth Hiles Hearlihy
Another one --For long term in patients, there needs to be care for the caregivers. I don't know how to word it correctly, but I think the caregivers are the forgotten cancer victims.

I agree with Beth. Shoot, I’d rather be the patient than the caregiver any day. First of all I’m too lazy. Being a caregiver is a stinky thankless job. And watching the one you love have cancer is just the worst, just the worst. It’s so hard. Some places like Gilda Houses or Cancer Support Communities, or Wellness Centers have support groups for caregivers. That’s probably a good place to start. This website from America’s National Cancer Institute is pretty cool too http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/coping/caring-for-the-caregiver/page1. Thanks beth.

No comments:

Post a Comment