Thursday, May 16, 2013

Angela Vicario


I am sad to report that God called home another angel yesterday. Angela Vicario, a very nice, pretty, funny, and intelligent lady, was killed by cancer. She fought long and hard sounds incredible cliché, but in her case it was true. There just wasn’t anything she could do to stop it; as soon s cancer got the upper hand it pressed the attack and never relented. Angela was one of my students at a local college. A very nice, pretty, funny and intelligent lady seems a fine epitaph for anyone I guess. I hope they speak as kindly about me when I leave. Darn, I guess Bill Joel was right, Only The Good Die Young. She had just turned 50. 

She is the fourth person who started this cancer journey with me that didn’t make it. 

No man is an island ... 

No comments:

Post a Comment