Monday, April 8, 2013

Waiting


This is just a reminder. Wednesday morning I’ll be writing a devastatingly self-serving, thumb-sucking, whiney lament for a wasted year at work.

Until then … My dear friend Melissa continues to fight for her life (I think). There was apparently some good news Saturday.  They figured out what flavor of pneumonia she has. The last note from her family seemed to indicate this would allow the docs to target the treatment. Nothing since  … don’t know if that’s good or bad. Fudge man.

I’ve got  these lyrics from Jimi Hendrix pounding in my head this morning (Okay I know Bob Dylan wrote, but Jimi Hendrix owned it)

There must be some kind of way out of here,"
Said the joker to the thief,
"There's too much confusion,
I can't get no relief.

Ever have those moment when you have something to say, but don’t know what it is? It just kind of hangs in you gut.  There’s something dying to get out, but there is a lot of confusion between your brain and your mouth? And if you say anything it won’t capture the essence of what your spirit is saying.

Maybe I’ll have it tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment