Monday, April 30, 2012

Monday, 30 April 2012


Good morning my brothers

Well. It’s funny. Once I’ve decided to post more frequently I don’t have too much to say. Darn it. My diet still sucks, but I promised myself I’d work on it. My weight has stabilized at 240.

Kate and I went to a Blue Rocks Baseball game yesterday and in the middle of the fifth inning or so it occurred to me that it had been a year to the day that I had discharged from my first stay at the hospital and that I had heard the words lymphoma and cancer.

Yikes! It’s weird; I don’t want to be one of those guys who obsess over this kind of thing because it can become paralyzing, but it just kind of sticks with you – oh well.

It’s 0547 right now and I’m waiting ‘till about 0600 before I go to the garage and workout. I’m hoping moving my workout times around will help with the fatigue at work and give me more time to hang out with Kate in the evenings.

My hip is killing me from sitting all twisted up at the ball game yesterday. I suspect the ravages of older age.

I’m having a big internal debate about my hair. I look okay with longer hair, but it’s just not me. I’ve been wearing it longer because of my gigantic scar on my head, but  don’t think I give a shit about it anymore. Considerations! Considerations!

I guess that’s it’s about 0553 and the morning is that early grey that seems to wake the birds. I guess I’ll give my four monsters their early morning meds and some toast then hit the weights, shower and go to work.

Since recover is also about work I’ll chat about that tomorrow. I hesitate to discuss that subject because everyone has been so supportive, but I promised to be honest in case someone else can use theses stories later.



No comments:

Post a Comment