Monday, March 19, 2012

Special recovery blog positive update


Special recovery blog positive update


Okay after a certain amount of whining in yesterday’s special recovery blog, it’s only right that I report I had a very good day yesterday.

I MOWED THE LAWN!!

While at first glance it may seem that mowing the lawn is more a punishment than an accomplishment, nay I say to you. You see, the last time I tried to mow the lawn was in the fall and It nearly killed me – and I have a self-propelled mower!! It was in September – I think – and I started that mower up and it dragged me across the lawn. It looked like a Jackie Chan stunt gone bad. Any, what should have been a twenty-minute job turned into an hour long trial ending with me laying on my front step trying to catch my breath.

Yesterday however went great. I started that thing up, manhandled it through the gate -- which is almost too narrow – and mostly dodged the dogs. NO puppies were hurt in the mowing of the lawn. I must confess to going over clumps of grass and aiming the mower shoot in the dog’s general direction, but as I’ve said before they are smarter than I am.

I guess that’s it!

I’ll be blogging some more now as I am making some progress. Remember, you can catch up with my recovery at http://billsburkittsrecovery.blogspot.com/

Peace,

Bill


No comments:

Post a Comment