Wednesday, June 6, 2012

bragging


6JUN2012

Okay now I’m just bragging. You can pretty much hear me tell tales of how wonderful I am most any day, but this is kind of special. Well as you know everything I write is somehow special; it is as if the fount of some grant sage is open and the words hop from fingertips to the page. Ah the wonder of my sagacity and me.

Okay enough of that; I’d probably stopped reading by now if I were you.

Okay this week I took my first non-medical time off in almost two years. It was heavenly.

Kate and I hiked on the Appalachian Trail, took a tour of the caverns in Luray and painted two rooms when we got home. Okay that may sound kind of mundane. But I only returned to work six months ago and fulltime about six weeks ago.

Lest than a year – much less in fact – I couldn’t walk from my bed to the master bathroom and I maxed out at about 1/10th of mile for walking. Now I can do all that, but it has taken a lot of hard work.

Although I’ve taken the past two weeks off from working out, I usually get up at about six and workout with weights or biking.

Anyway just a quick update. I’m going fishing tomorrow and Friday I plan to attempt 18 holes.   

No comments:

Post a Comment